This is a list of needed content/pages for the wiki
This wiki should have a small encyclopedia section that covers the generalities of the RLSH community such as origins, history and influences.
- General RLSH page - already created (Real Life Superheroes)
- RLSH History page
- way to link precursors?
- Media - page concerning publications/film important to RLSH
- Sites like Heroes in the Night
- Could possibly do profiles on percursors to the RLSH, which in its current incarnation combines comic book influence with folk vigilantism.
- Possible individuals/groups
- Captain Sticky
- The Fox aka James Phillips
- Book published under pseudonym, Ray Fox, "Raising Kane: The Fox Chronicles"
- Featured after his death in "A Citizen's Guide to Preserving Fox River" published by the Conservation Foundation and the Fox River Ecosystem Partnership, archived in Flash here
- Short sidebar on him (part of a series of short blurbs called "Fox River Heroes") on pages 40-41
James Phillips aka "The Fox" 1930-2001
A middle school science teacher for 10 years and a field inspector for the Kane County Environmental Dept, Jim became internationally known as a Robin Hood-type folk hero operating under the pseudonym "The Fox." His 30-year clandestine campaign to raise awareness of the pollution of the environment by corporations began in March 1969, and included targeting local companies for their pollution of lakes, creeks, streams and stormwater run-off through sabotage like plugging up drain pipes and leaving dead fish at corporate headquarters. Fox River advocate Ralph Frese remembers his friend, The Fox, and one of their adventures: "There was a property where a landowner had a silica mine, just upstream from Wedron," Ralph recalled. "They were filling in a canyon to make a washing dam. It was near this rare red pine, and we were complaining about the desecration of plant life on the bluffs. I went to State Forestry asking them to come down and look at what they were doing. The night before they came, the Fox and I went down the river and he tacked up a four-foot sign on a dead tree - What God giveth, Owens Illinois Taketh Away. We did a number of things like that. It was fun over the years." At the end, when Jim was in the hospital, he called Ralph. "He had diabetes and he was about to lose his leg. He said to me, 'Ralph, what was the most important thing I've done? Was it working with the kids?' "I think the most important thing was the unique way he alerted the community that there was a problem with the river. He left his little message with a logo and he got the media to expand his message, all over the world. The Bangkok newspapers reported 'The Kendall County Fox strikes again.' "He made the point that it is possible for one person to make a difference in this world."
- Create pages for better known groups
- List of some to be created:
The Initiative Collective (apparently there are various collateral branches), Tumblr: New York Initiative (NYI), founding branch; Facebook California Initiative (CAI), Facebook California Initiative: LA, Facebook VA Initiative (VAI), Facebook
- Washington Initiative : Seattle (WAI), Facebook
Arizona Initiative (AZI), Facebook Colorado Initiative (COI), Facebook Louisiana Initiative (LAI), Facebook
- Artemis National Consortium, referenced in 2008 Rolling Stone article, MySpace
- Justice Society of Justice, referenced in 2008 Rolling Stone article, Website
- Justice Force, referenced in 2008 Rolling Stone article, now defunct
- Great Lakes Hero Guild (need to see if it's defunct)
Rose City Rebellion
- Signal Light Foundation (defunct), Facebook Website
Great Lakes Alliance (defunct?)
- Skiffytown League of Heroes (defunct), Website
- Heroes Network, founded/maintained by Tothian and ShowStopper.
- Was one of first attempts at international organization of RLSH from what I recall?
- It has been rebooted last year here
- The first incarnation likely crashed and burned due to interpersonal drama but will need to find sources
Northwest Defenders, Website, Facebook
- Real Life Superhero/Extreme Altruist Registry, Facebook
- Justice Crusaders, co-founded by Symbiote and Master Legend | Facebook | Website
Michigan Protectors , Website
- The Revendicatori
- Maryland Defenders, Website
- Likely better if the RLSH creates the profile themselves and infobox template added if it's not used.
- Try to get profile pics for all existent profiles currently using placeholder images.
- Do research and elaborate on article stubs
- Update any outdated info on existent profiles
- Create profiles for the following (include relevant notes about research such as pages, etc):
- Captain Jackson, referenced in 2008 Rolling Stone article, RLSH sanctioned by police but ended career in DUI arrest, Laughing Squid write up, Website
- Queen of Hearts, Captain Jackson's sidekick? Unmasked after Captain Jackson's DUI arrest
- CrimeFighter Girl, Captain Jackson's sidekick? Unmasked after Captain Jackson's DUI arrest
- Professor Widget, referenced in 2008 Rolling Stone article, supplier of RLSH EQ but appears to be no longer active under moniker as of 2007, Website
Life (NYC, NY) Foxfire (likely retired), MySpace
- Shield, Hero Links
- Agent Se7en, Facebook | twitter
- Treesong, Twitter | Website
Beast, arrested Mr. Silent (likely retired/inactive), MySpace
- Doktor DiscorD (likely retired/inactive), MySpace
- Amazonia, Facebook | Website | Twitter <-- looks like she changed her name to Artemis
Night Rider, author of "How To Be A Super-Hero"
- Eclyptico, might be mistaken for Aclyptico due to spelling error in Wall Creeper article, MySpace
Ragensi, Facebook Twitter MySpace Crossfire the Crusader Urban Avenger, admin for theRLSH.net, Facebook Rook, Facebook | Blog Angle Grinder Man (retired/inactive, article done on him here ) Superhero, Facebook Dark Guardian, Facebook Motor Mouth, Facebook
Red Voltage, Facebook Death's Head Moth, Facebook MySpace Mr. Xtreme The Grim, Facebook Vigilante Spider Bearman, Facebook Blue Alpha, Facebook
- Blue Buzzard
- Crimson Crow
- Emerald Fáel
- Blue Inferno, Facebook
- Cape, Facebook
- Crimson Canuck, Facebook
Olde School , Facebook
- Living Justice
TSAF (The Silenced And Forgotten), Facebook
- Carontes - Italian RLSH who was apparently confirmed dead and now is back, will need to do research on this since only read in passing through Dark Wolf's blog at http://darkwolfsmindgamesii.blogspot.com/2012/05/pure-utter-randomness-xiii-dark-wolfs.html
- Spirit Guardian, RLSH based in Chicago, need to find more info but news story was done on him and work during NATO summit
SkyMan , Facebook
- Superman, admin/host for Watchtower & Hero Links - info here
Dark Spartan , Facebook Man In Black , MySpace Mutinous Angel , Facebook
- Red Eyed Vigilante, Facebook (more research needed)
- Green Scorpion - more research needed, news article here
- Ghost Shadow - more research needed, news article here
- Abyss, Facebook
- Crimson Catalyst, Facebook
- Cheshire Cat, Facebook
- Enter Phantom-Shadow, Facebook
- Le Faucheur - Facebook
- Miss Fit, Facebook | Twitter
- Will likely need to create profiles for RLSH as photographed by Peter Tangen even if they're no longer active due to the media exposure the Real Life Superhero Project got.
- Should also glean profiles/data from the original World Superhero Registry since it appears it hasn't been updated since 2010 and the layout makes it hard to read. Also, apparently it was a scam.
- Pull some info for profiles from http://rlsh-rlsv.blogspot.com/
- Some interviews are also available from http://blastzoneonline.wordpress.com/category/superhero/
- Some pictures (and profiles written in French) available at http://rlsh.org/
- Appears that Petoskey Batman's multiple arrests caused a bunch of Facebook accounts to be created-- pretty sure they're caricature/parody accounts and not really IRL but will need to investigate:
- On further thought, it might just be a Michigan/internet-only parody thing:
Pages related to wiki, should be created in Project namespace.
- Welcome Center
- Likely need to create a page introducing all custom templates, etc for anyone looking to edit wiki
- Link to template pages with documentation
- Community Center?
- Encyclopedia notability - unlike Wikipedia since primary sources will be used
- How to be Admin policy (likely should base off Wikia policy for how to adopt a wiki)
- Work out a better reference/citation system